The field of construction machinery is divided into a multitude of different types of construction applications. With the help of FEM calculation, we perform verifications for our customers for various construction machines in the scope of different standards. From construction machines like excavators, wheel-loaders, crawlers, drilling rigs and pile-drivers etc. to cranes like tower cranes, gantry cranes, indoor cranes, mobile cranes. With extensive experience from over 285 man-years of project work, we are your reliable partner for technical calculations.
For the verification of construction machines, several European and national regulations are available, according to which the dimensioning can be carried out. For cranes, DIN EN 13001 is used. If there is no specific standard for the structural-mechanical design for the machine under investigation, DIN EN 1993 (Eurocode 3) is often used for steel structures.
Our range of services in the field of construction machinery includes the following:
- Structural-mechanical FEM-calculation to determine the loading of complex geometries
- Strength and serviceability verification of load-bearing profiles of construction machinery based on applicable standards
- Strength and serviceability verification of fasteners (e.g. screws, welds, bolts) based on applicable standards
- Proof of stability for the desired area of application, considering different loads like for e.g. wind loads and inclined positions
Your advantage through calculation
With the help of the FEM-calculation-method, the local courses of the deformations and stresses of the components can be determined. In this way, critical areas can be localized and specifically optimized during development. As a result, you can be sure of compliance with the strength requirements of the applicable standards as early as the design phase and can significantly reduce the number of costly time-consuming tests or even completely avoid the need to carry them out.
Existing components can be re-evaluated and strengthened with regards to modified loads. Further operation can also be ensured by verifying the available service life or the fatigue strength of the components and the machinery.
Documentation of the calculation results
Depending on the customer’s requirements, the documentation of the calculation results is carried out as a verifiable calculation report in German and English or in the form of a short PowerPoint presentation. In consultation with you, we will be happy to present the results that are important for you in a clear and comprehensible manner in a personal meeting.
- DIN EN 13001 – Cranes
- DIN EN 16228 – Equipment for drilling and foundation work
- DIN EN 1993 (Eurocode 3) – Steel construction
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- DIN EN 13155 – Loose load handling attachments
The following pages may also interest you:
Strength verification according to corresponding regulations